Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Week 1 Task 1: Emailing and email lists

Email is basically an online form of the traditional letter writing and or posting. While this remains the biggest form of communication, visible from the amount of delivery services still available worldwide, email remains one of the easiest forms to keep up to date with.

As a form of communication email is very easy to use. It is the same as letter writing, but an instant form, received by the intended party as soon as you click the send button. Therefore, it is handy to reach several people, or as many as your email sender will allow you, very quickly without having to repeatedly scribe your letter and perform the task of envelope licking.


I use my email to keep in touch with friends who live in various places around the world, as my job allows me to interact with people from all over the globe, whether Australian, French, Dutch or American, I can easily contact them online through an email, keeping them up to date with events where I am and vice versa. The introduction of email to the world helps us to keep a great many communicational channels open with minimal effort, the hardest part being to keep a log of a person's email address!

Other uses for email mainly occur from online communication with various companies offering different services, whether it be online banking, applying for a job, making an enquiry or simply internet shopping. A two way channel between the individual and the larger conglomerate is open all the time, for easily accessible assistance with any issues I may have.

2 comments:

Emma Kilkelly said...

Nathan,

This seems a competent discussion of email, considering the benefits to it, and the differences from regular letters. Good.

All the best

Emma

NathanGlasgow said...

Hey Emma,
I thought that I would make a clearer difference between the so called "snail mail" delivery and electronic mail delivery, as there was such a noticeable difference between the two.

Nathan