A website is a collection of pages created from HTML type text. Compared to the traditional type of writing, HTML allows a user to create images and other design based objects via the use of coding. They can be located from a URL or an HTTP which is the website address or home page. From a home page, you several links to other pages each dealing with a specific subject. Websites can have video, images, sounds, music, or just different colours to be eyecatching and appeal to the user. A web server holds the page and allows it to be published on the internet.
I use websites everyday in some form. Whether it be coming online to check my facebook, hotmail or myspace accounts for social purposes, accessing the university online campus for lecture notes or seminar tasks or simply browsing ebay or play for shopping. I also use the internet to keep updated on what is happening in the world of movies and games worldwide.
Wednesday, 20 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nathan,
I think this posting is fine. Concise and to the point. The comment you make about how you use websites every day in some form, does go someway to highlighting how dependent we are upon new media?
All the best
Emma
Hey Emma,
I think that I use websites almost every day is a definite statement on the way that my generation behaves. Whilst I can manage without the internet and dont feel I have to be on it everyday, as it is such a vast source of knowledge and games I do find myself on it more often than not.
Nathan
Post a Comment