To stretch a person, I think it should be tasking and both mentally and physically draining. I am a firm believer that education should do this, as if it is not stretching you to learn something new and explore your limits, how are you really learning anything? Education should be an expansive experience, broadening your horizons, your scope on life and at the same time allow you to form an opinion of your own on topics.
This unit has been quite educational in the way that new media works. At first I didnt see its relevance to the rest of the course, apart from the fact that it is about new media technology, but through the keeping of this blog I have been stretched to answer questions and complete tasks in a new way, allowing me to see its purpose more clearly and understanding its inclusion to this course.
Saturday, 12 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nathan,
I did smile at your first sentence here...it reads a little harshly! I think there is a place for pushing everyone to improve....but it still needs to be fun and interesting too.
Good, I'm glad to see that you've found the course beneficial too.
All the best
Emma
Post a Comment